Happy Thanksgiving! I'm up in Melfort, Saskatchewan visiting family this Thanksgiving weekend. We travelled here last year for Thanksgiving and I remember there being so much snow on the fields that farmers had to leave their crops under the snow until the fields were cultivated in the spring.
An entire year's worth of hard work, gone.
Farmers will have had crop insurance to help cushion the blow, but no amount of insurance dollars would make up for that hollow feeling of having wasted your time.
In that sense, Thanksgiving came at an inopportune time for some farmers in this region. I felt for them last year. And I hope this season has yielded better results (there's no snow on the ground this year, fortunately).
To all those hands who break their backs to produce the food we buy in grocery markets, thank you.
- Why I Prefer Baseball — The Wall Street Journal
- El Capitan on a sunny afternoon — Adam Kool
- How to Sign Up for iCloud Family Storage Plans in iOS 11 — MacRumors
- The 8 Rules of Dividend Investing — Sure Dividend
- Inside Apple’s Quest To Transform Photography — BuzzFeed News
- This pension fund is now worth $1,000,000,000,000 — CNN Money
- Sony FE Lenses: A Comprehensive and Independent Guide V1.1 — Phillip Reeve
- Quiet Splendor — Down East
- Twitter’s Character Assassination — Dave Pell
- The Camera Hype — Photography Life
- Always Believe You’re Good Enough. — Jon Westenberg
- 15 Credibility-Killing Phrases to Banish from Your Vocabulary — Larry Kim
Happy Thanksgiving, from my home to yours.