It's going to be short and sweet this week for two major reasons:
- I should be studying for an exam.
- All I really want to do is talk about The Last Jedi, but there seems to be an unwritten rule about writing about a new Star Wars movie within a week of its release.
I quite liked The Last Jedi, but I didn't love it. I understand the low audience scores on Rotten Tomatoes. It's a divisive movie, forcing audiences to rethink all their assumptions about the Star Wars universe.
To that end, The Last Jedi is exactly what Star Wars needs for the next decade of films to come.
My research for the right Bible for Emryn continued throughout the week. I came to a final conclusion after a few days of obsessive research. The winner was the Crossway ESV Single Column Heirloom Legacy, of which I ordered two. But if you're into collecting Bibles or if you're interested in book design deep-dives, check out these further reviews of the Schuyler Quentel NKJV and the Schuyler Quentel Personal Size.
Alongside my research, I came across this awesome Gfeller Hobonichi A6 Leather Cover from Nanami Paper. I've been searching for a long time for the best leather cover for the Hobonichi Techo (I'm starting my 4th Techo in 2018! How time flies.). There are great options from One Star Leather Goods, but this Gfeller option looks exceptional.
I've included a podcast for the first time this week, on the topic which we all care about the most. If you're not into spoilers, don't bother listening. And further, don't bother with the Trusted Reviews review either — the link is there to provide a good backdrop for why The Last Jedi wasn't very good.
One week until Christmas — I hope everyone finds some peace and solace in all the hustle bustle of the season.
- Millenials Are Screwed — Huffington Post: Highline
- An Old Sock Full of Diamonds — The Incomparable
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi spoilers? This movie did its best to ruin itself — Trusted Reviews
- Year in Search 2017 — Google
- The Basic Grossness of Humans — The Atlantic
- My Last Mac — Becky Hansmeyer
- Year End Planning — Chris Bowler
- How to Better Control Your Time by Designing Your Ideal Week — Michael Hyatt
- iPhone X Third Impressions — Jean-Louis Gassee
- Why I'm considering the iMac Pro — iMore
- Barron's Bible Reviews & Ranking — The Bible Barron